Sunday, June 15, 2008




                   THE DOG DAYS OF SUMMER

The dog days of summer are here. The heat of Texas is not at all kind to people let alone the delicate temperament of flowers.  I have forever moaned and groaned about our choice to move to Texas.  For a lover of flowers what a place to choose ! I can only drool over photographs of gardens in magazines !
And all those gardens are in Oregon,Seattle,Northern California !

Kaydee suggested planting 
Salvia and periwinkle which will take this heat.  I am watching even these so they don't conk out on me !

Today as I was prowling the garden in the morning I spied these Dragon flies shining in the morning light like fire flies. As there are not many subjects(read it as flowers) to photograph I focused my lens on these beauties.
Documenting all things small is also a gardener's privilege. How else will we notice these ephemeral creatures that grace our yards only briefly !

I got such a thrill when I got a comment left on my blog !  Of all the three blogs this was a blog that I put least effort on.  And someone was so gracious to complement. This of course came through a web site called Blotanicals that I came upon and enrolled as a member. This website is dedicated to gardening blogs and it can keep one occupied for days going through each of the passionate gardeners' blogs.

As we were beginning to lament about losing our writing skills as computers took away our mode of communicating through letters, blogs have opened up a whole new world.
We are writing again and now more consciously. We want to be appreciated !
Thank God !  We are communicating again with more people than we can imagine.
Imagine if all us became busy with our blogging mania what would happen to the problems of the world!
Cheers to all of us bloggers who have added this new activity to our curriculum vitae !
All the images and text are by the author of this blog.Cannot be reproduced,copied in any form or fashion without my explicit permission.

3 comments:

Mary Ann Archibald said...

Your photograph is gorgeous!

Zoë said...

That image is fabulous, love it!

Here, here, to your comments about people using the written word to communicate, and not txttlk either!

I absolutely adore being able to visit gardens and gardeners around the world, from the safety of my desk, and see what they have to cope with and how they create beauty in their own set of conditions.

Zoë

Shala said...

What an awesome picture. I love it and I can feel your frustration with the heat, we have lost some dear flowers this year.